1. Student Refund Policy (Academic courses – Rabbinic, Jewish Studies and Jewish Education)
Leo Baeck College reserves the right to suspend or dismiss any student without refund of fees in the event of serious misconduct or unsatisfactory attendance/progress.
Failure to appear at the agreed starting date without notice will mean forfeiture of fees and in the case of overseas students the UK Border Agency will be notified.
Students are required to maintain at least 80% attendance throughout the duration of their course (see Student Handbook). Holders of a student visa are advised that the College is obliged to apply UK Border Agency rules and insist that the full-time course is of a minimum of 15 hours of day time study per week is followed.
Failure to attend (without notice) could result in disciplinary action leading to dismissal from the College.
Leo Baeck College is required by the UK Border Agency to record student attendance and supply any and all details when requested.
A registration fee of £100 is required before a student will be issued with an offer of place. (The registration fee is non refundable).5.7. In accordance with the UK Border Agency regulations, non EU International students offered a place on a programme at the College are required to apply for permission to enter or remain in the UK under Tier 4 (General). On acceptance of a place the College will apply to assign a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) to the student. This confirms that the student has been given an unconditional offer of a place on a course of study with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor.
A valid CAS, scores 30 points in the student’s points assessment. However, this will not guarantee that the application will be successful – the student also needs to meet the other Tier 4 (General) requirements.
In the event that a student fails to obtain a visa the full course payment will be refunded less registration fee. Refund is granted in writing only; a refund request needs to be submitted along with relevant documents to Leo Baeck College, Head of HR and Support Services, Sternberg Centre, 80 East End Road, London N3 2SY within 30 days of visa refusal.
In the event of cancellation, for whatever reason except visa refusal, the following deduction policy will apply:
Before start date of course NIL
- Within 0-1 week after start date 10% of course fees
- Between 1-2 weeks 50% of course fees Between 2-3 weeks 70% of course fees Greater than 3 weeks 90% of course fees
Transfer of fees to another student will be solely at the discretion of the Senior Management Team. Minimum transfer fee of £300 will apply.
Where a student has obtained a student visa using Leo Baeck College documentation and then decides not to follow his/her course at this College once they arrived in the U.K., there will be no refund whatsoever and the College has a legal obligation to inform the UK Border Agency if the student is no longer studying at their institution. If, for any reason a course is cancelled, students will be offered an alternative course, or refund in fees.
If a student changes their course of study during the term, no refund will be given where the revised course involves fewer subjects.
2. Lehrhaus courses and other events – Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellation by You
You are asked to let us know as soon as possible – either by email to email@example.com or any other Leo Baeck College email address as provided as main contact at the time of booking (or by calling 020 8349 5600) – if you are unable to attend a Leo Baeck College event or course you have paid for.
In the event of you having to cancel your booking, our refund policy will depend on the type of event you were booked on and how much notice we are given. In general:
- More than 28 days’ notice – Provided you let us know a minimum of 28 full days before the day of the event / start of the course, you will be refunded 100 percent of the ticket / course price.
- Between 28 and 7 days’ notice – If you let us know between 28 and 7 full days before the day of the event / start of the course, you will be refunded 50 percent of the ticket / course price.
- Less than 7 days’ notice – If you let us know less than 7 full days before the day of the event, we will not be able to offer you any automatic refund. In certain circumstances we may adopt a different policy so please contact us directly.
You do not need to supply your credit card details again simply your name, the course or event code and the receipt number given to you when your booking was confirmed.
Payment will be returned to the original account.
Transferring a Booking
In cases where a refund is not possible, or where only a partial refund is possible, you may opt instead to send a friend in your place for no additional charge, subject to the following restriction(s):
- We kindly request that you, as the person who has made the booking, vouch for the person you have transferred your booking to.
- We kindly request that you, as the person who has made the booking, let us know in advance of the transfer so that we can inform security (where security has been provided) of the name change.
We do reserve the right to decline any booking transfer in certain circumstances but will inform you in such instances.
Cancellation by Us (Leo Baeck College or designated agent provider)
Cancellation may be necessary in exceptional circumstances and Leo Baeck College reserves the right in its absolute discretion to cancel an event. If this occurs you will be offered a full and prompt refund of all monies you have paid. However, if cancellation of an event occurs, Leo Baeck College will not pay any compensation, nor be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by you as a result.